Thursday, April 21, 2011

Dandelion pesto

Look at it this way...make friends -not enemies out of the free greens

Last weekend we collected and ate an entire salad out of wild harvested greens.
Greens collected...

dandelion
indian plum
oxalis
wash and toss is all together
I  like to add feta, slivered almonds and cranberries (my favorite is fresh strawberries)
my favorite salad dressing for this one is
balsamic vinegar and honey mixed to taste, with thyme, oregano and sage mixed in...
enjoy!

We also made pesto out of the dandelion greens
Dandelion greens,
 olive oil,
parmesan cheese
garlic
lemon juice
pine nuts
blend it all up in a food processor
I don't measure, I just go by taste and consistency
EASY!!
Eat it on pasta
with crackers and red peppers
use as sandwich spread
or any way you want!



No comments:

Post a Comment